The primary responsibility of the General Manager is to oversee the day-to-day operations of Oasis Hotel, Downtowner Motel, and Hostel. This includes oversight of all residential aspects within these properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the guest experience including, but not limited to; guests booking, arrival, guest requests, property cleanliness and check out
- Oversee administrative requirements such as room counts, night audit/ deposits/ cash reconciliations, day of inventory management and maintenance scheduling
- Weekly scheduling for front desk and housekeeping, maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Respond to customer service interactions in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive guest/problem resolution
- Provide input and execute the development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards consistent with company’s core values
- Achieve forecasted measurables including Revenue, ADR and Occupancy Percentage. Work to drive growth in property REVPAR.
- Establish and grow relationships with 3rd party providers including, but not limited to; Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotel Tonight, Vegas.com, Trip Advisor, Hostel World, and Hostel Bookers
- Reconcile OTA payments to PMS stays
- Work with revenue management and implement necessary rate changes to maximize room revenue
- Monitor occupancy, rates, and forecasts, making recommendations concerning current and future rates
- Drive revenue through new and existing segments; continually strive to gain market share
- Participate in preparation of annual revenue and occupancy forecasting
- Monitor property expenditures, prepare justification for budget variations and identify saving opportunities
- Verify and approve invoices in timely manner and reconcile Contract Housekeeping invoices weekly.
- Participate in developing marketing strategies aimed at increasing volume and market share; investigate potential opportunities for incremental revenue whenever possible
- Track online guest comments, research, and respond timely. Ensure team members are followed up with
- Track email collection and the Front Desk and monitor successes and opportunities to improve.
- Drive marketing trade materials for The Hostel including, but not limited to; Gap Travel, Student Guide, Backpacking Guide, Fodor Guide, and Xtourmaker
- Direct HR responsibilities include creating a positive work environment; quality hiring, training and compliance with company policies and legal requirements
- Ensure adherence to customer service standards within established policies and procedures
- Develop short and long-range property objectives
- Manage relationships with outside vendors, including Housekeeping contract labor provider.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead and mentor a team
- Strong night audit and accounting understanding
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends, nights and holidays
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Hospitality management, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 4 years experience in hospitality management required
- Technical knowledge of hotel property management and yield management systems
- Prior working knowledge of guest service standards and procedures required